Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekend training

Good 53 miles on the mountain bike Saturday with Ty. Started at Juliette and rode up to Dauset Trails and did a loop and rode back. Tough 4 hours on the bike. Still need some more trail time on the mountain bike before April.

On Sunday Tom, Mike and I went over to Camp Thunder, the Boy Scout camp in Molena Georgia. The Flint River runs alongside the boundary with numerous ridges to run up and down. This is closest trail to my house that I can get some truly big hills and rocks to train on. Tom and I ended up running 22 miles with 3800 feet of climbing and descent. Mike ran an abbreviated route and for about 15 miles.
Tried out a new pair of shoes at Thunder, the Inov8 Roclite 285. Don't know if it was the shoes or just the last 6 weeks of training paying off but it was the best run I have had since November. Hope I feel this good in three weeks at the Mount Cheaha 50k.

After two mornings of early workouts I treated myself to an afternoon nap.
It doesn't get any better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment