Sunday, January 22, 2012

Long trail run with an old friend

I met Mike at Dauset Trails this morning for a 20 mile run.


I have known Mike for over 30 years. We have biked and run untold miles together on the trails and road. We trained together for my first marathon in 1996. He got me on my first mountain bike in 1994. We trained together for his first and only triathlon. We have raced together in adventure races. Now he is training for Mount Cheaha 50k, which he ran as his first ultra three years ago. It is great to be back on the trails with him.
The trail was muddy from the recent rains, and it looked like the rain would start again any minute. The rains held off and we had a good run. Having someone out there with me made the miles pass quickly.
As soon as I got home and opened the truck door, I could tell my other running partner knew I had been cheating on him. Sorry Duncan. I'll make it up to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment